Let’s NOT try to explain the Mystery of the Trinity! But rather let us remind ourselves of how we know the Father, the Holy Spirit, and the Son.
- He has created us as his own, loves us, and we belong to him
- His love is unconditional, unchanging, and absolute
- He loves us not because of who we are, but rather who he is!
The Holy Spirit:
- He can impact our lives in life-changing ways
- He has breathed life into our bones
- He transforms our relationships with others, by love and forgiveness
- He pours love into our hearts
- He transforms fear into freedom, isolation into community, and sends people out with a purpose
- Look up, see the cross, see how much he loves us!
- No matter how crazy our lives get, through Jesus, God offers us Love, Forgiveness, Healing, and Salvation
- He invites us to share in his Life and the Truth
Joke written by Phil Proctor:
After applying their lipstick in the school bathroom, a number of girls would press their lips to the mirror, leaving dozens of little lip prints. The principle decided that something had to be done. So, she called all the girls to the bathroom and explained that the lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian. To demonstrate how difficult it was, she asked the maintenance man to clean one of the mirrors. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it into the toilet, and swabbed the glass. Since then, there have been no lip prints!
I realize that these past few months have been very difficult for so many people. Even now, we find our lives not living in the “normal”! Even coming to Mass is different.
Like that terrible joke, sometimes we just need to be shocked by the unexpected to see what is right in front of us. One God, Three Persons, who is willing and wanting to take that journey with us!